A Letter to our Community about the CoronaVirus Outbreak
With the recent rise in CoronaVirus related cases in our state and surrounding areas, we wanted to take a moment to address some of the concerns that many of you have come to us with in recent days.
First and foremost, as Muslims, it’s important to remember the Hadith of the Prophet ﷺ narrated by Imam An-Nawawiyy which means:
Know that anything that inflicted you would not have missed you and anything that missed you would not have inflicted you. Do know that triumph is associated with patience, and relief is associated with distress and along with hardships come facilities.
Every matter in our lives and how, when, and where we will die has been pre-destined by Allah subhanahu wa ta^ala. We should not succumb to any fear that takes us away from worshipping Allah subhanahu wa ta^ala in the way that He has ordered us to worship Him.
With the knowledge firmly affixed in our hearts and minds that whatever Allah ta^ala made obligatory on us is good for us, our center will remain open for the five daily obligatory prayers, the Friday prayer, and the regularly scheduled obligatory knowledge and Qur’an classes.
Allah subhanahu wa ta^ala has ordered for us to rely on Him and He has ordered for us to take precautionary measures in times of hardships. We will be immediately implementing the following policies:
- Friday Khutbah and Prayers will be 20 minutes and will start promptly at 1:30PM and conclude by 1:50PM
- Loitering will not be allowed in prayer spaces between the times of the prayers
- It is encouraged that congregants make Wudu’ at home prior to coming to the center
- All bathrooms and public areas will be deep cleaned and disinfected multiple times daily
- It is highly encouraged for everyone to bring their own prayer rugs
- Students who are sick will be sent home and asked to avoid coming to the center for at least one week.
- All students and faculty will be asked to wash their hands with water and soap before attending class
- Parents/Guardians must pick up their students promptly after the end of each class
We will continue to monitor this disease with our local health authorities and institute additional policies, as needed, to do our part in taking the precautionary measures that Allah subhanahu wa ta^ala has ordered for us to take. We sincerely appreciate your support in this matter. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our policies.
The AMITY Board of Directors