By the grace and mercy of Allah subhanahu wa ta^ala we are a few days away from the beginning of the blessed month of Ramadan. On the evening of Wednesday April 22, we will attempt to sight the New Moon. If we witness it ourselves or hear about verified sightings from trustworthy individuals, we will fast on Thursday April 23. Otherwise, the first day of fasting will be on Friday, April 24. Announcements will be posted on our Facebook page, our website, and our mailing list.
Due to the ongoing lockdown, our schedule this year will be a bit different than last year.
- Daily Islamic knowledge classes will be offered at our center (masks required) and online as follows:10:00 AM – 10:45 AM EST Tafseer Juz’ Tabarak given by Shaykh Saif El Hajj12:30 PM – 1:15 PM EST Obligatory Knowledge given by Shaykh Rabih Othman5:30 PM – 6:15 PM EST As-Sirat given by Shaykha Nousayba Sakr
The classes will also be live streamed online on our YouTube channel:
A link will also be on our website at:
- Iftar will be offered daily as pre-packaged meals in our parking lot starting at 6:30PM. It will be first come, first served. Iftar meals will be for enjoying at home with family — indoor or outdoor seating will not be available for eating at the center.
- We are asking for our community to donate dry goods (rice, beans, vegetables, bread, etc.). Please contact us at info@meritsofIslam.org, call us at (215) 383-0630 or come in at the time of any prayer (we are open for prayers).
- The kids Qur’an program will continue to be made available through our online platform but the time will be shifted to 4PM – 5PM.
- Tarawih prayers will be prayed daily at the center after ^isha’. The prayer will be a short 8 rak^ahs. Witr prayer will not be prayed in congregation so that anyone who wants to pray 12 additional rak^ahs at home will be able to do so.
- Friday prayers will continue to be held at our center @ 1:30PM on Fridays. We will continue to follow the protocols we have in place now that include masks, social distancing, and rigorous cleaning.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. As always, if you or any family that you know are in need of any food or supplies, we are here to help!
We hope you have a blessed and safe Ramadan.